After watching this here video of everything 1999 included, I'm wondering if I was lying to myself my whole life.
- Pop princesses really took off
- "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire" debuted
- Big Daddy and Toy Story came out
- Napster made getting music so much easier
- Robin Williams was still effing great
- Macy Gray, Creed, Lenny Kravitz, and S Club 7 all hit the charts
- There was an extra girl in Destiny's Child whose name I don't even remember.
- Saying "so let's do it like they do on the Discovery Channel" was totally acceptable
And just for fun, some more fun facts about 1999:
- Cher’s "Believe" is No.1 on Billboard's Year-End Hot 100 singles.
- Backstreet Boys’ Millennium is the biggest selling album of the year.
- Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, Jennifer Lopez and Eminem release their debut albums.
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace is the highest grossing film of the year (also, the first new Star Wars film since 1983)
- The Nanny, Home Improvement, Sister, Sister, Mad About You and Melrose Place, all ended their series run.
- The first Coachella is held. The musical line-up includes Beck, Rage Against the Machine, Tool, The Chemical Brothers, Jurassic 5 and Morrissey.
Ohh, here's to the good ol' days.
Post a Comment