Most guys know these rules, but just in case you have been in outer space all your life, Men's Health is here to tell you fellas the unwritten rules that you oughtta live by.
They list 40 of them. I'm here to tell you the top ones :)
1. Never ask a woman if she wants to have sex by asking her if she wants to have sex.
I'm telling you, most of us turn away from bluntness. You've got to at least get a little creative.
8. Yes, speak softly and carry a big stick. But don't mumble. And don't swing the stick.
It speaks for itself. Just remember it.
9. The man who can't dance, can't converse, and can't provide psychological support to a woman is only half a man; the other half can't cook, can't clean, and badly wants a drink.
SO very true. Don't act big and macho all your life. Let loose, have fun, help somebody, and cook every once in a while. A girl's gotta be kept happy, too.
13. Telling a woman, "You're a great person," is taken as the lead-in to a confession that you don't love her.
It's like saying "We gotta talk..."
23. Never make any sort of generalization concerning gender, even if it's so true God himself would back you up.
Again, speaks for itself.
25. When running in the park on a hot day, do not take off your shirt if you are a really hairy sonofabitch.
Yeahh.. sometimes it's better to leave something for the imagination.
28. Do not say hi to a perfect stranger in any town with a population over 2,000. The friendly gesture in Beaver Dam Falls is a scary act of aggression in Boston.
Only in 2008. Ugh, what happened to the good ol days?!
33. The way a woman looks, acts, and talks says nothing about how good she is in bed.
Sometimes we're all talk, other times we keep things a secret.
38. Going insane while watching a great football game is a sign of mental health.
Hopefully they mean mentally healthy because I'm all about guys [and girls!] going nuts over a football game! It's America! :)
39. When a man meets another man, bonding begins when they both say things they hope no one else hears.
I agree. It's quite the ice-breaker. :)
There are certainly some I either disagree with, or perhaps don't quite understand, but it's worth a look.
There needs to be an unwritten rule about chivalry, too, seeing as the "written" one isn't being remembered these days.
Please add to it if you'd like! :)