I feel like their credibility or coolness has faded over the years, but I'm here to remind you how awesome they really were, especially the first 20.
Here are 20[+] reasons/proof with their corresponding editions of the United States' "NOW That's What I Call Music!" CD.
- An angry song that anyone can like.
- Taught us we might dance the funky chicken on our 75th wedding anniversary, but we shouldn't congratulate ourselves too much.
- Doing it all for the Nookie= A-OK.
- Macy Gray and all her raspiness.
- Don't let your memory of soulDecision be Faded.
- All Around the World, it as all Yellow.
- Hataz gon' hate.
- Mandy Moore is in fact crush-worthy.
- One name: Ja Rule.
- Takin it old school and shakin' it like that.
- Jennifer Love Hewitt was a singer.
- Justin Timberlake and JC Chasez, though separate, both on one album. [Eh hum. Pretty sure this proves NSYNC rules. If not, see the end of this post.]
- We know we can be what we wanna be.
- The CD's are just... like WO.
- The first F-you break up song.
- And then there was Petey Pablo.
- and the debut of Ashlee Simpson.
- There was always a little country music mixed in.
- They got you Feelin Good.
- The debut of Rihanna Must Be Nice, and I think I'd Lose Control if I'd only pick one song from this edition that Phunk'd With My Heart.
Post a Comment