Tuesday, March 10, 2009
are you addicted?
Facebook addiction is a serious problem. When it first came out, or when you first started using it, admit it. You couldn't get off of it. Not even for a couple of minutes.
And... You probably STILL can't years later. Disagree? Don't want to admit it? Well, take the test then. Find out if you're addicted.
Answer every question with a 1-5, 1 being rarely, 5 being always. Then add them up.
[And don't go cheating like "well, I do always do this, but I'm going to say 4." That's stupid, and you need to find a counselor ASAP if that's the case.]
1. How often do you find that you stay on facebook longer than you intended?
2. How often do you neglect household chores to spend more time on facebook?
3. How often do you prefer the excitement of the Facebook to intimacy with your partner?
4. How often do you form new relationships with fellow facebook users?
5. How often do others in your life complain to you about the amount of time you spend facebook?
6. How often do your grades or school work suffer because of the amount of time you spend on facebook?
7. How often do you check your e-mail before something else that you need to do?
8. How often does your job performance or productivity suffer because of Facebook?
9. How often do you become defensive or secretive when anyone asks you what you do on facebook?
10. How often do you block out disturbing thoughts about your life with soothing thoughts of the Facebook?
11. How often do you find yourself anticipating when you will go on facebook again?
12. How often do you fear that life without facebook would be boring, empty, and joyless?
13. How often do you snap, yell, or act annoyed if someone bothers you while you are facebook?
14. How often do you lose sleep due to late-night log-ins?
15. How often do you feel preoccupied with the facebook when off-line, or fantasise about being on facebook?
16. How often do you find yourself saying "just a few more minutes" when on facebook?
17. How often do you try to cut down the amount of time you spend facebook and fail?
18. How often do you try to hide how long you've been on facebook?
19. How often do you choose to spend more time facebook over going out with others?
20. How often do you feel depressed, moody, or nervous when you are off-line, which goes away once you are back on facebook?
Then, how many points did you get?
20 - 49 points: You are an average facebook user. You may surf facebook a bit too long at times, but you have control over your usage.
50 -79 points: You are experiencing occasional or frequent problems because of facebook. You should consider their full impact on your life.
80 - 100 points: Your Facebook usage is causing significant problems in your life. You should evaluate the impact of Facebook on your life and address the problems directly caused by your Facebook usage. [AKA GET HELP!]
I got 62... So it's affecting my life a little bit, and I'll admit that. However, if you were to ask these same questions when it comes to this blog, I'd have 100 points, for sure.
Feel free to admit your problems below. I hear it helps.
If not that, you could always join the "readers of love, elizabethany" group.
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment