I made an easy version of this Baked Chicken Parmesan Quinoa. [AKA why make your own sauce when you can buy a delicious jar of it for $2?]
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 1 cup of quinoa
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- 1 lb of boneless chicken breast
- 1 jar of your choice of pasta sauce
- 2/3 cup of mozzarella cheese
- 3 tbs bread crumbs
- 2 tbs parsley
- 2 tbs Parmesan cheese
- 1-2 tbs minced garlic
- 1 tbs cooking oil
WHAT YOU DO:
- In a large skillet, use the oil of your choice to cook the diced up chicken. [I added some italian seasonings just to bake extra flavor into the chicken]
- Place the quinoa and broth into a pot and bring to a boil. Then reduce the heat and cover, and cook until all the broth is absorbed. [Time has varied for me. I think it was about 15 minutes this time, but keep stirring/checking on it so it doesn't burn.]
- In a large bowl, combine the quinoa and chicken, and add sauce to your liking. I used about 3/4 of the jar.
- Spray or wipe a baking dish with oil and put half the mixture in, then half the mozzarella cheese. Repeat with the other half of each.
- Add bread crumbs and parsley on top, cover with foil, and bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes. Uncover and cook for an additional 5-10, or until cheese is starting to brown.
Mine didn't come out nearly as pretty, but it was definitely delicious.
It's really just another "healthier" way to make your traditional chicken parmesan! I'm into it. It'll definitely be made again.
Post a Comment