When I'm in need of something light, refreshing, and otherwise known as "healthy," my go-to is this salmon wrap that I concocted myself. It's typically not fresh salmon [because I ain't got time or money fo' dat], but everything else is fresh produce and straight up diet-abiding. [I think I just made up a word....]
Here's what you need:
- Salmon filet or frozen salmon burger [what I used]
- Tortilla- I recommend spinach or regular flavor
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/2 cucumber
- spoonful of greek yogurt
- lime juice
- chili powder
- dried cilantro
- dried mint [optional]
Here's what to do:
1. Cover salmon in chili powder on both sides and cook accordingly. Seriously, I put a lot of chili powder on that ish.
2. While the salmon is cooking, prepare the cucumber salad mixture- Chop up the cucumber. Mix it with 1 tbs dried cilantro [I might even use more than that], spoonful of greek yogurt, 1/2 tbs lime juice, and just a flick or two of the mint.
3. Slice up the avocado, and arrange on the tortilla.
4. Top that with the cucumber salad, then add the salmon on top.
5. Wrap it up and VOILA!
The best part about this is the cucumber salad stuff. A lot of times I make extra for a side or something... it's just so refreshing! You could totally pair it up with chicken or steak and it would be just as delicious.
Enjoy, you beginning-of-the-year health freaks!