Tomatoes: Not my thing.. but for some reason, different recipes with a slight hint of them make my mouth water. They look good, just don't taste fabulous.
A lot of recipes that have been catching my eye have included Rotel tomatoes, which I can handle thanks to their spice, size, and mix with chilie peppers. This angel hair/spaghetti pasta with chicken was one of those recipes.
It said 7 ingredients were needed, but I used even less. A solid five is all you need for a good 6 servings!
- 2 cans of cream of chicken soup [or mix in cream of mushroom/cream of celery/whatever]
- 8 ounces of angel hair pasta
- 2 cups of chopped, grilled chicken
- 1 can of RoTel tomatoes and green chilies
- 8 ounces of greek yogurt [or sour cream if you're not counting calories]
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Cook pasta according to package
- Mix pasta, cans of soup, tomatoes, chicken, and yogurt together, and put in 9x13 baking dish
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
The original said to add cheese to the top and put back into the oven until melted, but it was so creamy you really don't need to do that. I honestly don't even think it would make it better if you weren't worried about the added calories.
FYI: The pasta was absolutely delicious.
Bonus: I love leftover pasta and this was freaking fantastic a couple days later... still just as creamy!
Even if you're not a tomato person like me, the juices from the RoTel add a lot. You can work around the chunks if necessary.
Just make it.
Post a Comment