Yesterday morning I decided to start my day off with a slightly more healthier kick than most of my Sunday mornings and made these delicious pancake-covered apple slices!
They're literally apple slices dipped in pancake batter and put on the griddle! SUPER easy! And the apples are nice and warm and melt in your mouth. YUM!
For the fellow cheap and simple people like me, here's what you should do:
What ya need:
- 1 apple per 7 or 8 pancakes
- Pancake mix/batter
- Caramel if you'd like them to be more dessert-y
What you'll do:
- Core and slice an apple into small slices. I had about 10 slices, then got rid of the outside/very middle ones.
- Make the pancake batter according to the box or whatever you use to make it.
- Add cinnamon to taste. I added about a tablespoon, but I could have added a lot more. Cinnamon-y apples are obviously delicious.
- Dip the apple slices in the batter and place them on the griddle or in a greased pan.
- You'll cook them just like pancakes, but it might take a little extra time and a couple extra flips to make sure you get all of the batter cooked.
Then you're done! I kinda wish I could have put caramel on them to make them delicious, but I think you could also put some sugar on the top once one side is placed on the griddle/before you flip it for the first time. Might help accentuate the apples taste.
If you try it and make any changes that make them great, do tell! I was unfortunately trying to make it a healthier, apple-focused breakfast.