This casserole was perfection.
Meat, carbs, veggies... all in one delicious dish that I can heat up in the microwave day after day and it still tastes just as delicious. PLUS.. it's fairly good for you as long as you're not on the Atkins kick again.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- 1 can 10.75 ounce Campbell's Healthy Request Cheddar Cheese Soup
- 1 can 10.75 ounce Campbell's Healthy Request Tomato Soup
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 can 4.5 ounce green chilies
- 1 10 ounce can Rotel Mild tomatoes
- 1 15 ounce can Black Beans
- 1 15 ounce can Sweet Corn
- 2 cups cooked whole wheat penne pasta
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1/2 tbs dried cilantro
2. Cook the garlic, onion, and meat in a large skillet until turkey is cooked through.
3. Drain any grease and add in cheddar cheese soup, tomatoes, chilies, 1 tbsp of chili powder, cumin, and salt/pepper to your liking. Cook 3-5 minutes.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk together tomato soup and 1/2 cup of water.
5. Add that mixture to the cooked pasta, and layer that on the bottom of the dish.
6. Layer the meat/cheese mixture on top of the noodles.
7. In another small bowl, mix together the corn, black beans, 1 tsp chili powder, 1/2 tbsp cilantro.
8. Bake for 15 minutes and voila! It's delicious and ready to eat!
It seems like a lot of ingredients and dishes and such, but it was really easy to make and saved me a lot of time for the rest of the week... so I'll definitely be making it again.