I'm no pro on the grill, but I've learned that I'm a lot better than any of the guys I hang out with, so I nominate myself to wo-man the grill.
On the menu this weekend: Chicken burgers, two ways. One for the people who can grow a pair and try new things, and one for the people who like to stick to the flavors they know. To be honest, I didn't really follow the recipes to their direct measurements! I decided to use them as a guide as to what to include, but added some of my own things in, and put the amounts that I wanted.
Here are the ingredients/what to do, and a link to the original recipes.
Cheddar Jalapeno Chicken Burgers:
- ground chicken
- shredded cheddar cheese [I actually didn't add this]
- yellow onion
- cilantro [I literally put this in/on everything, as a restaurant once told me to do.]
- salt and pepper
- Combine the ingredients in a bowl, and form into 1/4 lb patties. [I use wax paper to help with the molding.]
- Spread olive oil over both sides or on the grill rack.
- Grill on medium-high heat for 5-7 minutes each side. Don't smush them down! They'll lose the juices.
- Put it on a bun and top it with guacamole, onions, and lettuce.
Chicken Parmesan Burgers [Which I totally made from scratch, but here's some specific help for ya]
- ground chicken
- your favorite spaghetti sauce
- diced onion
- Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- minced garlic
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl, form into 1/4 lb. patties
- Prepare the grill and cook over medium-high heat, 5-7 minutes each side.
- Put on a bun with extra marinara sauce and mozzarella cheese. [You could add extra onions or lettuce, too.]
FYI: BOTH of them are flipping amazing. The jalapeno burgers weren't even hot after using a full, extremely ripe pepper for two burgers. Next time I'll definitely add more.
Make them. Like tonight.