Here's how to do it, followed by the ones I made for my friends!
What you need:
- Cylinder-shaped vase/votive holders from the Dollar Store ($1)
- Candle to put inside, either about 2.5 inches high, or a tealight, depending on your preference. (Under $1)
- Vellum paper (under 50 cents)
- Ribbon [I recommend velvet ribbon, half inch or smaller in width]
- Double sided tape [in the pictures mine was thicker, but I recommend the super thin type]
- Hot glue and gun
How to make it pretty:
- Print out a picture onto the vellum paper in black and white. [I also added a little extra contrast so it really stood out]
- Measure it against the vase and trim the top/bottom appropriately. You'll want a little extra room at the top and bottom of the vase.
- Put the tape around the top and bottom of the vase, not taking off both sticky sides until you're ready to apply the picture.
- Line up the picture as straight as possible and wrap around the vase. When you're sure it's straight, roll on a flat surface to make sure it's on good.
- At the end of the wrap, seal with either hot glue and ribbon, or double sided tape.
- Wrap top and bottom of vase with ribbon/hot glue. This will conceal any uneven cuts/wraps.
- Put a candle in and smile!
It's not the highest-class thing you'll ever make, but it's cute, and it looks great as long as no one is inspecting it. Best part: You can make MULTIPLE for super cheap.
Have fun! and if you make it, I wanna see the pictures of yours!