It's my 2 year anniversary of starting this blog! I can't believe it!
I've actually started doing something and kept it going for two years. That's a serious commitment! It's almost like my ADD has been cured! ...Kinda... but not really.
On this day last year I was headed to my first big-girl job interview and audition at WVAQ. I reflected on the year I had before which was a whole lot of learning and growth. I went from 20 views a day, to 200, to 2,000 that year.
This year has been all about making dreams happen. So many amazing things have happened to me solely because of this blog and what I do here... And you. You've played such a major role in getting me what I've gotten this year. Thank you.
Now let's take a look back on the year more in depth, shall we?
The major happenings
It was about this time that Real World DC was wrapping up their filming and I was freaking out with the question "What the H do I do now?!" My episodes came to an end, but not without the greatest finale ever- at the premiere of the show.
Then the podcasts and chats started, and I'll never forget the feeling I got after the first chat with a couple hundred people and the chat on MTV with over 900 of you chatting. It was incredible. I felt like I had achieved it all.
Once it was all said and done, I really didn't know what to do. The only answer I had was to really start applying to big-girl jobs again and start a second website to help promote my hard work. elizabethany IRL focuses on my life as a girl who is trying to make her dreams come true while still living the life of a 23 year old.
The fact that I got the first job that I really wanted is still unreal to me. It felt like I packed up and moved to Texas before I could even say goodbye.
And if I thought that was quick, within two days I was getting a call from MTV asking me to be in the running for the first ever MTV TJ.
We all know what happened after that. It's all history now... but it's history that I'll never forget and definitely never take for granted.
Now things are relatively normal, I'm trying to make myself better every day, play a lot of Truth or Dare, and I'm loving my job on the radio. There may not be anything huge going on in my life, but there's always something to be striving for, right?
Now that we've reminisced, I think it's important we take a look at the biggest, most popular, most visited, and most talked about posts from the past year. It's all based on comments, hits, etc. I'd make sure you've checked them all out.
25. Nifty: Alcohol Pills
24. Watch eTV: EB's pole dancing fail
23. Celebrity Lookalikes 021510
22. Finding the Real World DC Cast, Episode 13
21. Dare: Asking for friends on the street
20. Paris Hilton nip-slip
19. The Real World: New Orleans house is amazing
18. The RWDC: As We Saw It, We finally talk to Ty!
17. On the racks: LiLo does Maxim
16. The cutest wake up ever
15. An introduction to my new home at Candy95
14. The new MTV logo was missing something
13. Dare: Buying something with my undies on the outside
12. Watch: The Titanic 2 trailer
11. 8 questions and more with Fefe Dobson
10. The premiere of Real World: DC
9. Dare: Make a gangster rap
8. I'm practically an MTV superstar
7. MTV TJ Challenge 1: Who the H is elizabethany?!
6. The RWDC: As We Saw It, Meet Mike
5. How you can help me win MTV TJ
4. I Spy: A girl who needs more clothes
3. The RWDC: As We Saw It, Dating tips from the Pimpin' Panda
2. The RWDC: As We Saw It, Meet Pandrea
1. Greg Oden's junk is for the ladies' pleasure
I told you that it's obvious y'all like the X-rated stuff! That #1 post beat out the others by about 10x... Not joking. Ya nasties!
It's fun to look back at it all! Lots of other posts were close to making the top 25, especially considering this is post 2,344.
Thanks again for making this worthwhile, fun, and what it's become. I wouldn't still be doing this if it weren't for your feedback and support.
Here's to another year and seeing what surprises it brings!