When dealing with such people on a daily basis, you gotta get creative if you want some of the salty seas in your mouth. [hehe]
I found this recipe for tuna cakes and had to try them.
What ya need:
- 2, 5 oz cans of canned tuna in water
- 1/4 tbs of Old Bay [or more like a full tbs if you love Old Bay like me]
- half of an onion- chopped
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup of panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup of Miracle Whip or mayo
- 1 tsp chili powder
- juice from one lime
- Combine the drained tuna, Old Bay, onion, eggs, and bread crumbs in a bowl and mix well.
- Form into four burger-like patties [I use was paper to make it easier]
- Spray a skillet with cooking oil and cook over medium-high heat until browned on both sides. [I think it took about five minutes on each side.]
- In a smaller bowl, mix the mayo, chili powder and lime. Top the cakes with this "Chipotle Mayo"
It's almost like you're eating crab cakes.... but you're totally not. And they're almost as good, but equally impressive.
Post a Comment