If you're truly living life, you've tried broccoli and cheese soup, hopefully from Panera. Since I like to live life to the fullest, I became addicted to it for about a year and gained a lot of weight. Turns out- just because something has broccoli in it, doesn't mean it's healthy and you should eat multiple helpings of it every day.
That's kinda relevant to this Pinspired post. I found these broccoli bites and all I could think while eating them was "broccoli and cheese to-go!" I also feel like they're on the healthier side.... right?!
I'd say mine turned out pretty damn close to those pretty things, too!
They're super easy. You NEED:
- 16 oz package of frozen, then steamed broccoli
- 1.5 cups cheddar cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup of Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl
- Form the mixture into little patties on a baking dish [should be lined with the baking parchment paper, not wax paper like I tried.... My house filled with smoke. Woops.]
- Bake for 15 minutes, then flip them over, and bake for another 10.
[This is how much I got out of making half the recipe]
I made them when I had a couple people over for a little pregaming. After making fun of me for cooking broccoli while we downed shots, they scarfed them up and wanted more. Nugget also stole one out of the bowl while we were downing said shots.
AKA: Make them.